Picnicing is a great activity on a day with the family, but it can also provide a romantic, intimate, and memorable time with your Valentine. Here are a few ideas on how you can create a great (and cheap!) Valentine's Day this year:
- Find a quiet, secluded location where you and your Valentine can be alone and enjoy spending time with eachother. Places to try can include beaches, parks, campgrounds, or pretty much anywhere with open space.
- Bring your own refreshments. Pick up a bottle of wine and bring it with you, it'll help make your picnic more romantic. (Wine Accessories from Picnic Trend)
- Food. What would a picnic be without food? Consider bread, cheese, sandwich meats, sliced fruit. Pack them in an insulated cooler so they stay fresh.
- Dessert! Some may have lumped this into the 'Food' category, but great desserts can take your picnic to the next level, so they deserve some extra attention. Think romantic: chocolate dipped fruits or personalize some home made brownies with a special message for your Valentine.
- Bring a blanket. Don't ruin your romantic Valentine's Day picnic by forgetting to bring a picnic blanket. Good blankets typically have a waterproof side that keeps the blanket dry, and a soft side to keep you comfortable.